Mackay Marina Run
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the event and what time does it start?
The event is Sunday 3 June 2018 – For race start times see about the event
- How do I enter?
Entry is only possible online from 1st March to 12pm Friday 1st June. Late Registration is available in person from 12pm to 5pm Saturday 2nd June at the Mackay Marina Run precinct Marina Village car park. Late registration is CASH only (no EFTPOS) and in person premium rates apply. Registrations for the 21.1, 8km, 5km and 3km will receive a singlet/t-shirt if registered by 30th April: registrations after that date will receive a singlet/t-shirt if available.
- What is the cost of entry?
For entry fees go to the enter event section
- What do I get for my entry fees?
Entry fees cover the marketing / logistical / admin cost of running the event including race bib, timing chip and prizes. Competitors in the half marathon, 8km, 5km and 3km junior dash will receive an event shirt; if registered prior to 30 April. All entrants and each team will receive an event bag.
The Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland does NOT receive any funds from the entry fee. Should you wish to support the Foundation you can do so by making a donation when you register or by Fundraising for Leukaemia
- Do all place winners receive a trophy?
Trophies are awarded to first, second and third place getters in each race. First place getters only receive a trophy in the age categories.
Places in each race are awarded on gun times. Age category winners are awarded on net times.
- What happens if I cannot make the event?
Entry fees will be non refundable after 30 April
- Can I walk the 5km race?
Yes you may walk in the 5km and Corporate Challenge team event. Due to the large number of registrations, entrants are asked to self nominate as running or walking in the event and the start will be managed accordingly with runners leading the way.
- Can my dog run/walk with me?
No – animals are not allowed. This is a safety issue and we ask that you respect this policy.
- Can I take my child in a pram with me?
Prams are allowed in the 5km event and Corporate Challenge only.
- Is the course open to Cycles, Roller Blades, Wheelchairs, Prams/Buggies, Skate-Boards?
Prams only are allowed. Wheelchair competitors please contact the race organiser at for course information.
- Will there be parking available at the Marina?
There is parking at the venue. Please see map and follow officials directions on the day. Competitors and spectators are encouraged to car pool to ease congestion.
- Can I enter more than one event?
Yes you are able to enter more than 1 event. Please be aware of event start times.
- Do I have to hand my timing chip back in?
No – the timing chips are a throw away variety but please dispose of appropriately
- Do the events have a cut off time?
Yes – 3 hours for the Half Marathon and 75 minutes for the 8 km
- Do I have to pay entry fees for my children?
Children under 8 years and accompanied by parents are free BUT can only participate in the 5km and Corporate Challenge.
- Where and when can I collect my race bib?
Race bib must be collected on Saturday 2nd June between 12pm and 5pm at the Marina Village car park on Mulherin Drive
- Is there age limits for competitors?
Half Marathon – Must be minimum of 16 years on day of event
8km – Must be minimum of 12 years on day of event
3km – Children must be a minimum of 8 years and maximum of 11 years of age on the date of the event. Adults/parents are unable to accompany these entrants during the race.
- What road closures will be in effect?
Go to the entrant information section
- Where are the aid stations?
Click on your nominated event for aid station information
- Will there be sports drinks at aid stations?
Yes only for the 21.1 km
- When do entries close?
Online entries close 12pm Friday June 1. Entries will be open between 12pm - 5pm on Saturday 2 June at the Marina Village precinct.
Payment by cash only; there is no EFTPOS facility
- Will there be a limit on entries?
Entries will be monitored and there may be a need to close entries at some stage
- What are the race starting times?
Go to the entrant information section - (Please take note of the recommended arrival times. With road closures and the large number of entrants and supporters travelling to the event, expect delays at the entry to the marina precinct).
- Can I transfer between events?
Yes you can transfer between events and edit your information online up to 12pm Friday 1st June.
- When will the results be available?
Results will be online some time on Sunday 3 June
- Are there any toilets along the course?
Public toilets are at the Surf Club, Gooseponds, Blue water Quay and Mulherin Park. In addition portable toilets will be stationed at the start. It is planned to place portable locations around the half marathon course.
- Can I use an mp3 player / IPOD?
Event management strongly advise competitors not to use them.
- Will there be medical staff?
Medical staff will be on attendance at the finish line. Emergency response will be handled by course marshals at other locations
- How will vehicles be controlled during the races?
Traffic control plans will be in place using Police, traffic controllers and course marshals. All competitors must obey road rules and give way to traffic should the situation arise.
- How do I support or raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation?
There are 3 ways to support the Foundation:
- Make a donation when you register
- Fundraise for Leukaemia
- Volunteer to assist on the day – course marshals and aid station assistants are required
- Will the event be cancelled?
The Mackay Marina Run will only be cancelled if extreme conditions dictate the risk to competitors is too high too stage the event.
Modifications to the course (such as the closure of the breakwater) may occur, again on the advice of authorities and due to weather conditions.
- How many people are allowed in a Corporate Challenge team?
A team is minimum 3, maximum 10.
- Do all team members have to run the entire race?
No. At least 3 have to finish to qualify for the fastest team category
- Do Corporate Challenge team members receive a t-shirt?
No – the registration fee for a team is cheaper than for an individual entrant. The race organisers encourage teams to ‘dress up’ or wear their corporate colours/shirt and be in the running to win the “Best Dressed” trophy.